Saturday, March 3, 2012

So what else is new?

Well...

It's been a while. Maybe I can give this a try again? I've been quite busy quilting in the past... What? 2 and half years!

So let's start with the now.

Monsieur lets me know tonight that we will visit his coworker on Sunday who had twin boys 2 months ago. "are we going to bring them a gift?" he asked. Well why not a little Friday night project I thought. Something quick and cute. And easy.

Two little tiny ribbon blankets. :-)
I've seen them called tag blankets too.

I used my left over fabrics from the Dr Seuss quilts I made the kids for Christmas. I didn't buy a thing to make these! (yay for using the stash!) Left over ribbons from pillow case dresses orders. Minky backing bought four years ago for the kids own tag blankets. Even adorned with their initials in appliqué. Each ribbon blanket is only about 12 inche square. Small but easy to grab for a little one. :-) (and not too bulky to bring along either. )

Not bad for a three-hour Friday project.

Don't you love to start and finish something quick, without dragging it?

What have you worked on that was quick?

No comments: