Monday, July 13, 2009

At the beginning there was... the Snapshots quilt.

Off to a new adventure! Are you on board? I have so much to say and I don't know where to start! I feel shy too. Let's take the plunge!


On y va, je dois bien plonger si je veux nager.... non?


I finished my first ever quilt last week! I took a class... yes I was the youngest one by far! LOL but I'm so glad I did.

And here we go: Snapshots from the Happy Hour Quilt book, my first ever quilt!!!! It will be meant to be displayed in our living room upstairs. I love the fabrics: Amy Butler mostly and Joel Dewberry too. I'm so proud! (can you tell?) It measures 45" X 63".


I got inspired to try this pattern by the amazing AmandaJean at crazy mom quilts and her version of Snapshots but mostly her many versions of Happy Hour (which is the bigger version of Snapshots) like this one that I fell in love with the colours, oh the colours!!, and this one too, and I can't forget this one, my goodness, don't you wish it was Christmas already just to display that quilt?! I LOVE her work! She is such an inspiration to me. Check out her blog, but I warn you, you might become addicted, just like me! ;-) She has this great effect on people I think.


This is me agencing the colours together. A big puzzle.
Take one on arranging the square. It took so long to be happy with it. (didn't go with this one)
Take two. There we go... that's better!
Details of the quilting in the border.(yeah, it's far from perfect...but I'll learn!) I chose Cotton Bamboo for the batting. It's super warm, and soft, and not too thick either.

I did "jeans quilting", around each side of the main seams. (well if I recall correctly, that's the name of this technique.... isn't it?)

The back of the quilt. I wish I would have added some piecing, to make it more exciting. Kind of like this one from Liz at Teeny Tiny Quilts, beautiful. I love this Sunburst Chocolate fabric from the Aviary collection of Joel Dewberry!


There you have it! My first quilt!!!! ... and my first post!


5 comments:

Amy said...

It is SO beautiful, Stephanie!! I can't wait to see it in person. I would love to take a quilting class this fall but am worried that I am not a good enough seamstress. Eek!

k-e-household said...

YAY!! Awesome blog. I am going to send the link to my mom who is all into quilting too.

Family Compass said...

I am not the least bit crafty, but seeing such beautiful works of art makes me wish I were!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this green quilt. Yves says you must be on Grand-ma's side;) You are so talented! Planning on selling any? Maybe next time I decorate the kids room I'll get to you on that one;) I'm gonna enjoy following your projects:)
Cheryl xxxx

Not So French Girl said...

Bienvenue au monde des blogs!