Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In queue...

This is what I've been working on tonight.... Making three purses, two for Leeann and one for Amy. Using some beautiful material from Amy Butler and Erin McMorris. It's a very cute pattern too from Sweet Pea Totes!

Ready to iron:
My purses, Joel Dewberry's Sunburst and Sparrows and Amy Butler's Optic Blossom and Martini, are patiently waiting for me to get more interfacing from the store....

All pined, ready to assemble.

More patience needed.... I bought this last weekend. From the Sandy Gervais's Mix and Mingle (but not the solid marbled colours). I can't wait, I really can't wait to start this quilt! I will of course inspire myself from the Mix & Mingle quilt. But it will be a bit different. I want to try the whirlygiggles (aka scrappy cartwheels). Let's finish these purses this week, shall we?



I am still working on my two Ragged Square Quilts (a wonderful tutorial by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts).


Yes, you've guessed right, one for my little twin boy and one for my little twin girl. For their toddler beds, which they are not using right now, but maybe in the fall (still in their cribs). So the quilts are all assembled now, and they are just waiting to be turned into sandwiches. Well, that's okay because there are some purses to be finished...right. The back will be flannel, warm and comfy for this winter.
I'm nervous to see how they will turn out because I didn't buy all good quality fabrics.... *shy* I started them in February 09, just after I discovered Amanda Jean's blog. I know better about fabrics now. Mistakes are part of learning, that's what I always tell my students.

Next project in queue: my first Christmas quilt... I'm not too rushed with this one. Although by the looks of it, yep it seems that summer never came here and we're skipping it altogether to go into Fall...????? in July ???!!!! Ok I know we live "north" but where are the sunny +32 Celsius days???!!!! (that's about 90 Fahrenheit by the way) Anyway, I'm excited to make a Christmas quilt and equally excited to try some pinwheels. (but not too soon.)


Well, gotta get going, 'cause that plate is getting full....

No comments: